The All Star Press children’s book “Goodnight, Boone” is now available in e-book format (PDF) for the first time. Only $5.97, this wonderful book about the Blue Ridge Mtn. town of Boone, North Carolina can be downloaded instantly to share with your children.
This is believed to be the first ever children’s book about Boone, North Carolina, the picturesque town in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Home to Appalachian State University, Boone is a popular tourist destination and ski haven.
Author Yogi Collins grew up in Boone and while she loves that the High Country is filled with interesting and quirky people, she is also fascinated by how people end up in this little slice of heaven. A television producer and writer by trade, Collins lives in Boone with her husband Dan and two incredible kids. This is her first book.
“I started working on this project several years ago,” explained Collins. “It’s been a dream of mine to produce children’s books and the idea of doing one about my home town was the perfect place to start.”
About Boone, North Carolina
Boone acquired its name from the famous pioneer and explorer Daniel Boone, who is believed to have camped at a site within the present city limits on several occasions.
Incorporated in 1872, Boone has the highest elevation (3,300 feet) of any town of its size (over 10,000 population) east of the Mississippi River.
Located off the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway, Boone offers visitors a four-season playground for sports and outdoor activities. Boone is recognized by travel journalists as an “ultimate outdoor adventure destination” in the Southeast. It is also home to the Appalachian Regional Medical Center, scores of large and small businesses, as well as numerous nearby tourist attractions such as Grandfather Mountain which is prominently featured in “Goodnight, Boone.”
Send your e-book review submission to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may publish it here at AllStarPress.com.
We are looking for reviews with a minimum word count of 250 and your rating of 1-5 with 5 being best. Please include your name and contact information. Thank you.
Quark announced this month the availability of QuarkXPress 9.2, the new update to QuarkXPress 9 that is free to all QuarkXPress 9 customers. QuarkXPress 9 is award-winning design software that enables millions of creative professionals to publish across digital devices as well as to print and the Web. The best part for authors is that version 9.2 adds new ePUB features, ePUB 3 audio and video support .
QuarkXPress 9.2 and ePUB
QuarkXPress 9 introduced the ability for designers to easily export print layouts to ePUB to create traditional e-books. With QuarkXPress 9.2 designers can now, in addition to converting a print layout to ePUB, create a new project specifically for ePUB export. With the new update, it’s now also possible to:
* Add audio, videos, and hyperlinks to an ePUB e-book
* Create hierarchical tables of content
* Control the format and resolution of pictures on a global or
* Create new articles, visually crop pictures, and split text
components in a reflow article
* Re-order components by dragging-and-dropping within the Reflow
* Specify the default story direction for East Asian ePUB e-books
Along with the new ePUB functionality, QuarkXPress 9.2 also supports audio and video for ePUB 3, the new version of the standard that supports rich media. Read more about QuarkXPress 9 and ePUB here.
QuarkXPress 9.2 and iPad Publishing
A key component of QuarkXPress 9 is App Studio, which offers designers a cost-effective way to create and publish enriched, interactive content to digital devices, such as the iPad. With QuarkXPress 9.2, App Studio templates support iOS 5 Newsstand and meet new Apple guidelines for iCloud storage. In addition to the many enrichment options already available with QuarkXPress 9, QuarkXPress 9.2 and App Studio now include:
* New Play/Pause/Stop/Toggle play actions that allow designers to
build buttons that control other media elements such as sound and
* A Hide Controls option for sound and video that allows designers
to make the control bar for a media player invisible
* A Loop option that designers can use to specify that a sound or
video element should loop its playback
See your book as a finished work!
Become a published author and sell books with the help of All Star Press. Contact Rich Nilsen at email@example.com to discuss your needs as an independent and aspiring author. Our focus here at All Star Press is helping authors publish for both print and e-book formats, such as the Kindle and Nook. With our experience in marketing, All Star Press helps authors successfully promote their finished work with a detailed marketing plan.
All Star Press has a business model that is very beneficial to aspiring authors. We are not a “vanity press” that charges authors fees up front to produce their work. We only make money if the author makes money. As a real book publisher All Star Press has a vested interest in the success of our authors.
In this day of ever-changing technology, understanding the e-book industry is key. Every day our team is analyzing the market and learning the best practices for targeting today’s e-book readers.
The simple truth is that most authors are not marketers. Marketing your book effectively is not easy for the overwhelming majority of writers. Let All Star Press help you sell more books by reaching your audience in new ways.
Every night millions of people throughout the country suffer with some type of sleep disorder. It may be difficulty falling asleep, waking up in the middle of night with the inability to resume sleeping, restless sleep in general, or a combination of these difficulties. Sleep deprivation can spiral out of a control, lasting for months [...]
Ebook & Publishing News from All Star Press
- Goodnight, Boone children’s book now available in e-book format
- “2013 Kentucky Derby – Analysis, Selections & Wagering Strategies for Derby 139″ is now available!
- Keeneland Winning Trainer Patterns Book Released for 2013
- Top Books by e-book and Print from Seattle Libraries
- New Book for Horse Racing Fans – Keeneland Winning Trainer Patterns 2013 Spring Meet edition
- Help for Those Grieving the Loss of a Loved One
- Adding the Five Percent
- How to Stick to your New Year’s Resolutions – 7 Steps
- How to upload documents, e-books to Google Play Books - CNET (blog) May 17, 2013
- E-books affect children's reading level, research says - New Europe May 17, 2013
- E-Books and Banned Books: Innovations in Reading Winners - Publishers Weekly - Publishers Weekly May 16, 2013
- Children's progress hindered by e-books and Kindles, charity warns - Telegraph.co.uk May 16, 2013
- Google Play Books enables user uploads of e-books, documents - CNET May 16, 2013
- Zack on It’s a Sad Day when Parents have to screen Disney Shows
- AWS on It’s a Sad Day when Parents have to screen Disney Shows
- Will on It’s a Sad Day when Parents have to screen Disney Shows
- Brigitte on The Littlest Library in the World – Coming to your Town?
- Marilyn on Searching for the Kentucky Derby Winner?
Tweets from All Star Press
- #free - From the Ground Up blooms this spring - Editor's Note: In our ongoing efforts to bring new and informative... http://t.co/YXVwpHfcBb about 17 hours ago
- #free - Library plans free workshop - The Santa Maria Public Library is holding a free workshop on how to download... http://t.co/wf68gLfvYD about 17 hours ago
- #free - Leading UK Publishers Partner with NOOK® To Donate Top Selling Children’s Books to Aid the London Eveni... http://t.co/mGdq4SG2v1 about 2 days ago
- Follow the latest ebook news @allstarpress
Pages – All Star Press
- “I Am Not a Syndrome – My Name is Simon” in e-book or Print
- About All Star Press
- e-Books Affiliate Program
- Publish Your Book with All Star Press
- Quiet Spaces: Hearing God’s Call in a Noisy World
- Sleep Great for Life
- Watchdog Dad
- Writers’ Resources
Rich Nilsen is the President of All Star Press. [Read More …]