The Today Show on NBC recently featured some helpful tips on not only setting but also keeping your New Year’s resolutions far beyond January. Most people tend to quit after the first month of the year. Let that not be us!
1) Be Honest with yourself – know what you need to change and admit it.
2) Write down your goals – putting specific goals to paper is required for reaching them.
3) Start a journal to track your progress, including why you may not have stuck to your goals in the past.
4) Establish positive feedback. Set up a dangling carrot; in other words, a prize or reward for accomplishments.
5) Be present in the moment. Appreciate today’s good moments.
6) Establish stress reduction. This could be Yoga, meditation, quiet time, or whatever helps you cut down on the stress levels in your life.
7) Gratitude makes you happy, so acknowledge all of the blessings in your life.
Keeping your New Year’s resolutions is not easy, but these seven steps should be very helpful to anyone looking to make life improvements in 2013.
Best of luck!